Who We Are



The past few years, the area where I live, Crawford County, Ohio, has seen a wonderful explosion of younger families who are embracing the joys and challenges of living off the land. Because of them, amazing things are happening which have been embraced by our community. Farmer’s markets have been created and on-farm stores have opened. Families dedicated to growing organic produce and naturally raised meats are meeting the public’s needs for locally raised foods. And at the heart of this movement are the women.



Ohio Country Journal is my attempt to share the essence of farm life, focusing on, but not limited to, women. My goal is to bring you into our circle of friendship by inviting you to share your stories and experiences with us. You don’t have to be a full time country woman to benefit from joining us; you just have to be you.





The full-time country women featured in Ohio Country Journal are an inspiration to anyone who dares to follow her dreams, whether it is to live in the country or to bring the country life-style to their urban neighborhoods.





Tuesday, April 2, 2013

More Quilting by Sue Rothhaar


O.C.J. has had a lot of nice feedback on the stories that profile country women. Today I am sharing an update on Sue Rothaar, who continues to bless her church with her sewing talents.

A few people contacted me to tell me about banners that Sue made for the Pietist Church for Palm Sunday. I, in turn, contacted Sue to see if she would send an update. She sent me this picture with the note, below (in Italics).

Marcheta *sew impressed
 
 
Marcheta,

 I am sending you a picture of the palm wall hanging that is in the vestibule. The four banners are the same only not quilted. These were done at the request of the person who does the decorating at the church. He told me what he envisioned and I then designed and made them.

I am getting a lot of positive feedback on the story and am amazed at the distance it has traveled. Sunday evening the pastor sent the blog sight out in an e-mail to the congregation. The wife of a former pastor of ours, who now lives in California, received the blog and will be sharing it with the ladies of her church.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment