Who We Are



The past few years, the area where I live, Crawford County, Ohio, has seen a wonderful explosion of younger families who are embracing the joys and challenges of living off the land. Because of them, amazing things are happening which have been embraced by our community. Farmer’s markets have been created and on-farm stores have opened. Families dedicated to growing organic produce and naturally raised meats are meeting the public’s needs for locally raised foods. And at the heart of this movement are the women.



Ohio Country Journal is my attempt to share the essence of farm life, focusing on, but not limited to, women. My goal is to bring you into our circle of friendship by inviting you to share your stories and experiences with us. You don’t have to be a full time country woman to benefit from joining us; you just have to be you.





The full-time country women featured in Ohio Country Journal are an inspiration to anyone who dares to follow her dreams, whether it is to live in the country or to bring the country life-style to their urban neighborhoods.





Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ticketed!




Six-years-old Ava loves to give tickets. When she was in all day pre-K, her teacher gave "tickets" to the children for various achievements. So, for Ava, getting a ticket is a good thing, and she is on a mission to share her joy by writing and giving tickets to people she loves.  She also uses tickets to let me know when she's not so happy with me.

I am honored to be the recipient of Ava's tickets. Whether the tickets are lovey-dovey or meant to keep me 'in line', I adore getting them.


I had some of them in a pile of bits and pieces of things that I had intended to put in a scrapbook. Yesterday when I was organizing my sewing/craft room, I had an idea. Why put these things in a scrapbook, which will sit on a shelf only to be looked through every now and again (mainly the next time I add something to it)? Where could I put them so that I could enjoy them every day? Hmmmm..what to do, what to do....

Think

Think

Think


*BINGO*

Why not just pin them on the wall? After all, I am not lacking for sewing pins. So...with no design strategy in mind, I began pinning bits of ephemera. Ava's tickets have their own little niche, with plenty of room to add more as she deems necessary to write me up. :)

Now, everytime that I go into my workroom the first thing that I see are my tickets. What could be better than to be reminded that "I love you, Nana?"

Marcheta *Written Up

2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen them but thought maybe, if it is practical, you could "copy" them onto fabric and sew them into a quilt or blanket of some sort to keep them "in view".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, that is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete