Who We Are



The past few years, the area where I live, Crawford County, Ohio, has seen a wonderful explosion of younger families who are embracing the joys and challenges of living off the land. Because of them, amazing things are happening which have been embraced by our community. Farmer’s markets have been created and on-farm stores have opened. Families dedicated to growing organic produce and naturally raised meats are meeting the public’s needs for locally raised foods. And at the heart of this movement are the women.



Ohio Country Journal is my attempt to share the essence of farm life, focusing on, but not limited to, women. My goal is to bring you into our circle of friendship by inviting you to share your stories and experiences with us. You don’t have to be a full time country woman to benefit from joining us; you just have to be you.





The full-time country women featured in Ohio Country Journal are an inspiration to anyone who dares to follow her dreams, whether it is to live in the country or to bring the country life-style to their urban neighborhoods.





Monday, November 11, 2013

Lucy Goosey


Now what? :)

My friend Lucy, who I see almost every day at the reservoir, seems to be thinking, "I don't know! I need  a time out  so I can get everything thunk out and sorted!"



 

And that is what I am doing today...taking time to re-group and re-organize to prepare for my last wave of busyness for this year: Christmas tree and wreath sales. 

We won't be making the greens for at least a week, we like our customers to get them nice and fresh. What I am doing now is preparing what I am able to ahead of time, such as get the price-list updated, make a few posters to put around town, get the ad ready for the newspaper, and other what-not. 

Today's chores don't include any of that, though. I spent all morning getting banking accounts updated, bills paid and out of my way. Now I'm off to the stores to stock up on household staples so that I won't have to be bothered with shopping after a long day of work. I am trying to get as much off of my mind as possible.

Yesterday after our Happy Birdday party, Jim trimmed a juniper that had gone a bit wild at Kerry's house. 

Juniper is my favorite green for fragrance and helped me get it in my head that autumn and all of its glory is disappearing **fast** and I need to gear up for Christmas and winter. The snow flurries that are predicted will help.

Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy being out and about today. One highlight will be meeting up with a few of my writer buds at Barnes and Noble. We're meeting to check in how we're doing and to offer support and encouragement to each other. Like me, most have given up the pressure to be done with NaNoWriMo on time, and to know that others are of a like mind helps me relax about changing the date of my personal goal.

Marcheta *breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment