Who We Are



The past few years, the area where I live, Crawford County, Ohio, has seen a wonderful explosion of younger families who are embracing the joys and challenges of living off the land. Because of them, amazing things are happening which have been embraced by our community. Farmer’s markets have been created and on-farm stores have opened. Families dedicated to growing organic produce and naturally raised meats are meeting the public’s needs for locally raised foods. And at the heart of this movement are the women.



Ohio Country Journal is my attempt to share the essence of farm life, focusing on, but not limited to, women. My goal is to bring you into our circle of friendship by inviting you to share your stories and experiences with us. You don’t have to be a full time country woman to benefit from joining us; you just have to be you.





The full-time country women featured in Ohio Country Journal are an inspiration to anyone who dares to follow her dreams, whether it is to live in the country or to bring the country life-style to their urban neighborhoods.





Monday, May 13, 2013

Creamed Asparagus over Toast

100_4932.jpg
Picture by Ray Clark

I gave some of our asparagus to my friends Gladys and Ray. Gladys was waiting with a recipe all ready for their lunch; creamed asparagus over toast.

She emailed me a picture of her creation, but no instructions, so I had to go looking. I figured that Gladys made a white sauce and added steamed asparagus spears to it, but I wasn't sue, so I went looking.

I found this recipe at Food.com, which is how I imagined the recipe would read. If you want to make it and need specific instructions, you can find them here.

I am definitely going to make this recipe because it is a quick and easy lunch.

The only thing wrong with asparagus season, in my opinion, is that it is too darned short!

Marcheta *living the good life

2 comments:

  1. I made creamed eggs with asparagus with our few spears this spring. I added a touch of curry powder, served it on toasted English muffins and melted a little shredded cheese on top. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy! I boiled eggs today to try this idea with the asparagus Jim brought in at lunch. When I go to town later I'll pick up some English muffins...sounds like a quick and easy supper to me!

      Thanks for sharing.

      Delete