Who We Are



The past few years, the area where I live, Crawford County, Ohio, has seen a wonderful explosion of younger families who are embracing the joys and challenges of living off the land. Because of them, amazing things are happening which have been embraced by our community. Farmer’s markets have been created and on-farm stores have opened. Families dedicated to growing organic produce and naturally raised meats are meeting the public’s needs for locally raised foods. And at the heart of this movement are the women.



Ohio Country Journal is my attempt to share the essence of farm life, focusing on, but not limited to, women. My goal is to bring you into our circle of friendship by inviting you to share your stories and experiences with us. You don’t have to be a full time country woman to benefit from joining us; you just have to be you.





The full-time country women featured in Ohio Country Journal are an inspiration to anyone who dares to follow her dreams, whether it is to live in the country or to bring the country life-style to their urban neighborhoods.





Friday, August 23, 2013

Driven to Success

 
 
 
The image above was created by Violta Chinni, who is the owner of Niabos Art Exhibition Gallery. Niabos is located on the square in Mansfield, a perfect location for an exhibition of automotive art during Saturday's Heart of the City Cruise-In.
 
 
I met Violeta last January when I attended her Social Media for Artists class at Mansfield Art Center. I posted about the class on January 17.
 
During our class, we realized that two other students, Brad Gray and Aurelio Luna Villa Diaz shared my appreciation for the artful details that make classic cars so popular today.
 
 
Violeta's gallery is new. The Mansfield News Journal did a wonderful story about Violet, her gallery, and Driven. You can read it here (and see my framed print of a Pierce Arrow hood ornament).
 
Violeta's  Grand Opening is not scheduled until next month, but she couldn't resist organizing a 'sneak preview' of her gallery space during the car show, and contacted Brad, Aurelio, and me to see if we could make a show happen.
 
We could, and we did!
 
Last night we took our pieces to the gallery and brainstormed ways to display the pieces. We are all very excited to be a part of this show, which we named "Driven: Celebration of Automotive Art". I, especially, appreciate having Violeta as a friend and mentor.
 
That said, apples and pears don't care if I have other things to occupy my time. They hang out on their trees, basking in the sun while ripening (and falling if I don't get to them when they want me to). Sometimes I feel as if I am a slave to fruit and in a war with fruit flies.
 
I also appreciate my market customers, so copping out on a market is out of the question, even if I can't be two places at one time (drat it, anyway!).
 
Jim has agreed to man our stand at Bucyrus' Lil' Farmers Market tomorrow while I bask in the glow of gleaming chrome and go on a hood ornament safari with my camera.
 
As you can imagine, it's been a very hectic month because....
 
****TA DA****
 
I am also part of another art exhibit at the Mansfield Richland County Public Library (also organized by Violeta...can you imagine her dedication to promoting local art?). I've almost got my three pieces for that show ready, too. More on this later.
 
Marcheta *Driven to make all of this happen
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment